Today’s Australian Tropical Update is from our Partners at http://www.ozcyclonechasers.com/
(1) Cyclone Iggy still has a few hours of life yet, but it is heading into a hostile environment in 24 – 48 hours. It is likely to recurve towards WA but as a LOW due to an upper trough.
(2) TD07F and TD09F may interact with each other. Both systems are making it difficult for each other to develop. We expect TD09F the northern system to be the one that fires into a marginal TC.
(3) A LOW is located on the Western Cape and remains weak and quasi stationary over the next 24 hours before beginning to move slowly across the Peninsula
(4) It is unclear whether the LOW will develop into a TC or remain a monsoonal LOW with gales to its north only. Eventually a complex interaction with TD09F could take place in the longer term, killing off both systems.
(5) The Coral Sea future LOW/cyclone will move towards the east or south east and should not threaten the coast